The majority of people may not believe ,yoga for weight loss. “Naw, that’s just stretching… what can it possibly accomplish to burn calories?” I’m sure they’ll say.
Well, thank you very much, my friend. Yoga can help you lose weight if you do it correctly, and I’ll tell you how to do it in due time.
Yoga is a smart, safe, and effective weight-loss choice.
Keep in mind that this workout has been around for generations, and it not only works the body but also the mind and soul.
Long-time yoga practitioners like Madonna, Sting, and Russell Simmons have never gained weight and look amazing for their ages.
Here are the poses that are recommended for weight loss when practising Yoga.
When Using Yoga For Weight Loss, The Sun Salutations:
Yoga Poses, Breathing Activities, Sun Bathing, and Prayer are all included in these exercises. They’ve been used for millennia by Yoga practitioners in India, martial artists, and African wrestlers, and as a system to energise the body and soul, they’re unrivalled.
One round of Sun Salutations has been said to be better than a week of gym activities in the Drugless Healing community!
They are simple to learn and may be discovered by practically anyone, regardless of their physical condition or flexibility abilities.
In fact, if you’re familiar with “burpies” (a callisthenics exercise), you’ll notice that they’re derived from Sun Salutations.
Here are a few of their advantages:
#1 They help with skin and waist problems.
#2 Flexibility is improved, and breathing is improved; also, they work out the arms and legs slightly, which improves circulation.
#3 They are the most effective way to lose weight and burn calories, and they are frequently recommended for weight loss and anxiety.
#4 They are a great method to relax while also stretching and massaging all of the body’s joints and internal organs.
#5 All of the body’s systems, including the endocrine, circulatory, reproductive, and gastrointestinal systems, are balanced and stimulated by them.
1. Make the prayer stance by standing straight up and placing your palms together.
2. Take a deep breath in and stretch your arms above your head.
3. Take a deep breath out and flex forwards, contacting your toes.
4. Inhale and take a large rearward step with the perfect leg stretched away from the body, keeping the hands and left foot firmly planted on the ground. The left knee should be positioned between the hands when flexing the head backwards.
5. Take a deep breath in and hold it. Moving the left leg away from the body, rest on the hands (arms directly) and retain the body in a straight line from head to foot, keeping both feet together and the knees on the floor.
6. Lower your body to the floor while exhaling. Only eight portions of the body make touch with the floor in this position: the two feet, two knees, two hands, chest, and forehead.
7. Take a deep breath and flex your back as much as you can, bending your spine to its fullest bend.
8. Exhale and raise the body.Keep your toes and heels on the ground.
9. Bring the right foot up to the level of the hands while inhaling; the left foot and knee must touch the ground. Look up, gently bending your spine (exactly the same position as # 4).
10. Take a deep breath and extend your left leg forwards. As in the third posture, keep the knees straight and bring the head down to the knees.
11. Inhale as you raise your arms overhead and bend backwards. The same as in Position 2.
12. Exhale and unwind by lowering the arms.
In multiples of three, complete as many rounds as possible. You should aim for at least 6 and up to 30 rounds. It just takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your speed and intensity, and it’s best practised in as few clothes as possible before getting up in the morning.
Okay, we’ve covered the core posture (or a combination of them) when it comes to weight loss with Yoga.
Then, focus on the problem areas and do some breathing exercises to help you burn calories faster.
You’d understand to eat a much healthier diet if you were doing a standard workout for weight loss.
Good friends, the same may be said about yoga for weight loss.
Complete as many rounds as possible in multiples of three. You should aim for a minimum of 6 rounds and a maximum of 30. It just takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your speed and intensity, and it’s best done in as little clothing as possible before getting up in the morning.
Okay, we’ve covered the core posture (or a combination of them) when practising Yoga for weight loss.
After that, focus on the difficulty places and do some breathing exercises to help you burn calories faster.
If you were doing a regular workout for weight loss, you’d appreciate the importance of eating a lot healthier diet.
Good friends, the same may be said for yoga for weight loss.
As A Yoga Position For Weight Loss, Shoulder-Stand
Place a yoga mat on top of a sturdy blanket on the floor. Lie down flat on your back. Raise the legs gradually. To achieve a vertical position, lift the torso, hips, and legs.
Rest the elbows firmly on the floor and use both hands to support the back. Raise the legs to the point where they are vertical. Place your chin against your chest. The chin lock is what it’s called.
The back of the neck, the back of the head, and the shoulders must all touch the floor when completing this position. 5-5-5 inhale counts (retention, exhalation and inhalation).
Allowing the body to shake is not a good idea. The bridge and fish positions, on the other hand, target your forearms/thighs and chest/neck, respectively.
Exercise of the Breath of Fire (also known as Kapalabathi or Bellows Breath).
– Take a few deep breaths to make sure your diaphragm is moving properly. Make a sudden contraction of the abdomen area with a backwards push while keeping your eyes closed (as with all breathing exercises).
This results in a quick yet forceful ejection of stagnant air from the lungs.
– Now, following an abrupt relaxation (which naturally allows new air to rush in), repeat the exercise as follows: passive inhalation and aggressive expulsions at a rate of surprising stomach push per second one after the other.
There should be 15-20 expulsions per round. Don’t go more than three rounds.
– You can gradually raise to 120 expulsions per round before limiting yourself to two rounds. (Don’t proceed beyond two rounds once you’ve reached 50 expulsions per round!) Take a 30-second break between rounds to practise normal breathing.
Now you have all of the information you need to get started with Yoga for weight loss:
The bellows breath, the shoulder-stand, and the tremendous Sun Salutations are the poses for difficulty spots.
Remember, you must include a proper diet when attempting to lose weight with yoga for the same reasons Hippocrates-the Father of Medicine said: “Let your foods be your medicine and your medicine your foods.”
So strike a posture and experience for yourself how Yoga may be a safe and effective way to lose weight.